The Majestic Theatre
Rugged and steeped in the city’s music history, The Majestic Theatre is Detroit’s signature independent concert house. Situated on Woodward Avenue in the heart of Midtown, the 1100 capacity venue which was originally designed by C. Howard Crane as a movie theater, opened on April 1, 1915 as the world’s largest of its kind. Since the mid-80’s, The Majestic has been the site of memorable concerts featuring live music and entertainment from touring indie rock, metal, punk, blues, jazz, folk, hip hop, world beat and electronic artists.
The Majestic Theatre has produced shows for The Black Keys, George Clinton, Black Eyed Peas, Flaming Lips, Wilco, Sheryl Crow, Dr. John, Yo La Tengo, Patti Smith, Sublime, Matt & Kim, Drake, Fleet Foxes, Decemberists, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Foster The People, Stanley Clarke, Jimmy Cliff, 311, Sonic Youth, Fela Kuti, Garbage, M83, Flying Lotus, St. Vincent, Louis The Child, G Eazy, Ghost, Lord Huron, Leon Bridges, Neko Case, Lil Yachty, Jamie xx, Sharon Jones & The Dapkings and many more.
Besides being the top concert venue in the city of its size, The Majestic Theatre is also a unique site for special events including weddings, fundraisers, fashion shows, corporate parties, and private rentals.
***All shows are General Admission – Standing unless otherwise stated. Limited seating is available upon arrival on a first come, first serve basis. See bottom left portion of the above photo for reference***
The Majestic Theatre Specs:
- Capacity: 1100 General Admission / 450 Seated
- 2 Full Service Bars
- Private Entrance with newly renovated Theatre Lobby
- Stage Dimensions: 4 feet high, 40 feet wide, 28 feet deep
- 75 foot grid flyspace
- House sound plus full stage monitor system (complete sound specs on request)
- Backstage and front house lighting bars
- Load-in dock at street level
- Garage door entrance (for loading larger equipment/props)
- 2 dressing rooms – 1 with private bathroom and shower