The Majestic Theatre
Rugged and steeped in the city’s music history, The Majestic Theatre is Detroit’s preferred independent concert house. Situated on Woodward Avenue in the heart of Midtown, the 1100 capacity venue which was originally designed by C. Howard Crane, opened on April 1, 1915 as one of the world’s largest movie theaters. Since the mid-80’s, The Majestic has been the site of memorable concerts featuring live music and entertainment from touring indie rock, metal, punk, blues, jazz, folk, hip hop, world beat and electronic artists.
The Majestic Theatre has produced shows for The Black Keys, George Clinton, Black Eyed Peas, Flaming Lips, Wilco, Sheryl Crow, Dr. John, Patti Smith, Sublime, Matt & Kim, Drake, Fleet Foxes, The Decemberists, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Foster The People, Stanley Clarke, Jimmy Cliff, 311, Sonic Youth, Fela Kuti, Garbage, M83, Flying Lotus, St. Vincent, Louis The Child, G Eazy, Ghost, Lord Huron, Leon Bridges, Neko Case, Lil Yachty, Jamie xx, Sharon Jones & The Dapkings, Post Malone and many more.
The Majestic Theatre also serves as a unique destination for special events including weddings, fundraisers, fashion shows, corporate parties, and private rentals.
***All live entertainment events are General Admission – Standing unless otherwise stated.
The Majestic Theatre Specs:
- Capacity: 1100 General Admission / 400 Seated
- 2 Full Service Bars
- Private Entrance with newly renovated Theatre Lobby
- Stage Dimensions: 4 feet high, 40 feet wide, 28 feet deep
- 75 foot grid fly space
- House sound plus full stage monitor system (complete sound specs on request)
- Backstage and front house lighting bars
- Load-in dock at street level
- Garage door entrance (for loading larger equipment/props)
- 4 updated dressing rooms – 1 with private bathroom and shower